So much progress has been made on the Environment and Climate Protection front:
The Ottawa River Action Plan – Combined sewage storage tunnel — invisible but so important; Rain Gardens to beautify, calm traffic and detain storm water (check out Sunnyside Ave)
- Energy Evolution – Ottawa’s Renewable Energy Transition Strategy. – Conceived of, lobbied for and saw through to completion Phase One. More than 15 individual projects are now funded and underway.
- Urban Forest Management Plan – A citywide plan to protect/increase our urban trees.
- Better contract for Household Organics (green bin) so as to increase participation and convenience by including pet waste and use of plastic bags as first step toward compostable-only bags, once standardized and readily-available
- Light Rail for Ottawa using low-carbon electricity!
- Confederation Line (Phase One) light rail approved, funded and in service in early 2019. Important stations at Lees and Hurdman in Capital Ward.
- Phase Two approved and funded, including substantial Trillium Line service expansion and frequency upgrades in Capital Ward.