We must move quickly to a low-carbon, energy-positive society. That fact can be scary or exciting. In a rapidly changing world where ecological breakdown is obvious yet denied, what does the open-eyed, caring citizen make of it all? We seek truths on which to base our actions, guideposts to give us direction, stability and purpose and community with whom to share the journey.
David works with audiences and clients to explore ideas and solutions. He applies his expertise in energy-positive urban renewal, main street renaissance, active transportation, and the pursuit of ecological integrity in our personal and professional lives.
Speaking and workshops
David offers dynamic, engaging keynote speeches and workshop sessions on the topics of:
- Urban renewal and main street revitalization
- Active transportation and practical cycling
- Living lightly when life gets heavy—grappling with ecological integrity
Everyone wants to make a difference. We want to do the right thing. But what and how and with what time? Are you on the bleeding edge but still feeling you don’t do enough? Are you trying to live more lightly but constantly making compromises and feeling guilty about it? David has been there. Actually, he still is there. But he has crafted a useful and healthy approach, and can work with you to tailor your own. David does personal, couples and family coaching on Living Lightly at Home and at Large. He will work with you to define what is essential to you, and how to find the time and resources to make it possible — today.
- Renewable energy transition strategies for governments and companies
- Winning support for your main street makeover and complete street conversion
- Urban redevelopment and revitalization that stresses complete communities and equitable transit-oriented development